An immersion into songwriting and voice with Alice Night and a small group
SongCycle is an immersion into songwriting and voice and a container of support for people wanting to take the next steps in their lives as singer-songwriters. Over 40 weeks of songwriting and sharing in an intimate group you are encouraged to have completed 10 new songs and be showing up in the world as a singer-songwriter more fully and confidently. Whether you are brand new at song creation or ready to make your next album this space can serve you.
Being committed to your path as a songwriter has challenges; finding the time to create, honing self-confidence and self-trust, exposing your songs and your soul in performance settings, backing yourself, strengthening and sensitising your voice, generating income as an artist to record and tour, choosing an artist name, completing your songs, rehearsing your songs, sharing your songs, developing an artistic aesthetic… SongCycle is a deep space of support and encouragement for all of these realms and more.
MAIN AREAS OF FOCUS: SONGWRITING, PERFORMANCE, MIND-SET, SOUL NOURISHMENT, THE ART OF RECEIVING, SHARING ONLINE, SELF-WORTH, POETRY WRITING AND POETIC THINKING, THE MUSICIANS WORK, ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMMITMENT.
There are 10 places available per year.
Semester One – February 7th – June 27th 2022. Semester Two – July 18th – Dec 5th 2022. (There are 4 terms of ten weeks over the year.)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book in or ask any questions.
Taking expressions of interest now. Investment upfront full price (in AUD) $3,500 / $1000 per term (total $4000.)
You will receive:
- Weekly 90 minute session on Zoom with Alice and the group (recorded for students unable to make a session)
- Private student portal to share new songs and receive feedback
- Links to 20 + artist interviews with Alice and diverse musicians sharing their wisdom and experience
- Confidence building exercises and group discussions
- Performance skills that are unique to Alice Night and focus on authentic expression
- Numerous songwriting and poetry writing prompts
- Written material by Alice about all things SongCycle shared monthly
- Approaches to honing your authentic singing voice
- Accountability to assist you living your musical and creative vision
- Tips for crowdfunding and grant writing
- A community of singer-songwriters to journey with
- Guest facilitators to explore complementary realms such as management and meditation
- Peer led sessions offered by past and present SongCycle participants.
‘Alice Night is a master at inspiring you to jump into the depths of what you don’t yet know about yourself, and yet is so necessary if we are to return with jewels from ignored or discarded voices inside us that heal not only our SELF but the many worlds we inhabit.’ – Toni Childs – internationally acclaimed singer.
If you’re interested in joining SongCycle in 2022 send me an expression of interest below.